Saturday, December 15, 2012

And other project finished

This one I've been working on for a while, I have already made a gas pump before,  but this one is for my grandson. Someone else from our P.I.T.A. babes made her gas pump into a bank. So that's what I did with this one. I turned it into a bank, with his favorite critters (dinosaurs).
The dinosaur that is on the top. I cut out of shrinky-dink and then shrunk it and it fits right inside the circle .

This is a close-up of the front of the bank, what it says is:
this sale
  $1,000,000.00
  2,000,000
gallons at
.50
cents per gallon
 
 and in the bottom part says
 Fossil
Fuel
 
 doesn't really show it as well in the picture, but when you're looking at it in real life, it looks like the area where the words are printed on has been ambered.  What I did, I took regular typing paper distressed it with vintage photo distress ink.
 and then I took and put clear embossing powder on top of it an embossed it, it soaked completely through the typing paper , and made it look like it was in Amber .

 this picture is showing the back view, and the area you would put the coins in

 even though I turned the gas pump into a coin bank, I still made the little matchbook holders that would go inside, there are three and I'malso showing you the little photo cards I made to put inside. and what else would you put inside the dinosaur bank and it's matchbook covers but pictures of dinos. really enjoyed making this one a very easy project .

..

No comments:

Post a Comment